Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mila's Visit

Mila was going to come to Time Out for Women with me but had to reschedule her visit. I can't believe she flew all the way out here to see me! She flew in on Friday and joined me for the final parenting class from a course through the church that RJ and I have been taking. I had to be there since the topic was "Setting Limits/Consequences." My parenting techniques have been backfiring as of late. You start to question yourself when you hear your children say, "If you don't let me finish my movie then I'm going to break something of yours." That's a sure sign of overusing threats to keep my kids in line. Now they are threatening me and each other! Yikes! I'm trying to use Moroni 7:45 to guide me in my quest to become a better mother. I specifically think of the words, "not easily provoked" and "suffereth long."


On Saturday (after submitting ourselves to the wrath of P90X thanks to RJ), Mila and I stole away to the Mall of America! Mila treated me to lunch at the Cadillac Ranch which has the best sweet potato fries! We only walked into a couple stores and spent the rest our time at Nickelodeon Universe. They had a couple rides that made our hearts race.


Here we are waiting in line at the "Splat-O-Sphere." It was a straight drop down and happened to be one of my favorites. Our hair had been sufficiently tousled by this point.


I had so much fun with Mila, I'll have to take RJ and see if he is as much fun to scream with.

We were hoping to go to a comedy club in Minneapolis with RJ that night but the tickets sold out. We ended up watching reality TV on line. Mila made her delicious artichoke dip and RJ and I devoured it. I was so proud of Mila for sticking so rigidly to her difficult diet. I tried to eat somewhat like her so as not to tempt her but I failed many times. Hi, my name is Megan and I am a carb addict.

Monday, we put together a picnic but because it was in the 30's, we held it inside at the community center. We took the kids to play at the maze afterward.

Mila loves babies and was a great help with Reagan (as well as Hunter and McKenna).

We picked RJ up from work early and went to Bucca de Beppo for dinner before taking Mila to the airport. It was a weekend that went by way too fast! It was so nice to have a familiar friend around. We will have to wait 8 months to see each other again but it will be a blast! We have officially booked a cruise with the Newcombs to the Carribean for 7 days next January. I'm so excited already!

No comments:

Post a Comment