Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day

When RJ mentioned making breakfast in bed for the kids on Kid's Day, I said, "wow, you've never made me breakfast in bed." He was surprised assuming at some point he had but he knew better than to argue with my elephant memory. I was determined to have yummy meals on Mother's Day whether I had to prepare them or not so I made homemade whole wheat bread Saturday so I could have French toast in the morning and bought fixin's for cheesecake just incase RJ didn't have anything up his sleeve. To my surprise, he had typed up a cute menu with several options for breakfast (ie. grapefruit, blueberry, banana or strawberry pancakes, French toast, sausage, hashbrowns, juice and milk). I made my order and RJ and the kids brought it to me on a newly purchased tray just for the occasion. So fun!




My special menu.

My two favorite parts were at the top where it read "Daily Specials From Our Heart To Your Stomach" and the bottom "Payment accepted includes hugs, kisses, kind words, sweet looks, happy thoughts and cheerful voices."


The kids gave me several pieces of paper with "art" work and RJ bought me a Keith Urban CD. Before church RJ and I made a lowfat cheesecake together. He created a yummy lemon glaze and added blueberries for flare.

Unfortunately, the day did not end as well as it started. We were ready to pull our hair out at bedtime thanks to our little rascals (I'm sure I wasn't thinking of cutsy phrases like that at the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment