Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

Our 8th year anniversary was on Tuesday. As I mentioned in a previous entry, we celebrated over the weekend and into Tuesday. On Easter Sunday, we both wore the same suits that we wore to the temple the day of our wedding. It wasn't planned but it got me thinking about the events that led up to our wedding and the years thereafter.


April 26th, 2003

April 24th, 2011

I don't know if we should be proud that we still fit into those clothes or embarrassed that we still have them?!

Our marriage has strengthened my testimony in Christ. I know that He not only knows who we are but who we can become. The choice to get married was a big leap of faith for the both of us. We had a rocky courtship that included two proposals. We felt through prayer that we should marry but felt odd because we weren't ever really in love. Close friends and family probably wondered if we would "make it." It has taken time to see the Lord's plan unfold. RJ and I have really grown together and fit each other perfectly. He's quiet and listens well. I talk and like to be listened to. He's so patient with the kids and gives them the fun, silly, rowdy attention they need while I provide structure and discipline. He's a good saver (maybe too good) and I love nothing more than a great bargain. He loves to grow healthy food and I love to eat healthy food. We both love our families and the gospel. The list goes on. We both feel lucky to have each other and know that the Lord has and will continue to lead us.

RJ brought me this beautiful, big boquet of flowers home from work on Tuesday. He specifically requested that some calla lilies (my favorite flower) be added. They didn't have white but they had some gorgeous deep purple ones. Aren't they great? Here's to the next eight years and beyond.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary Megs! Love you both. What great examples you guys are for Matt and I.

    ReplyDelete