Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fun with the Kids!

At last we can get out and play at the park!


McKenna's favorite thing to do at the park is swing. We always head to the swings first and I push her for a few minutes. Then I kick her off and tell her to go burn some energy.

Hunter likes to show off his strength. He needs an audience to perform though.


Following in her sisters' footsteps, Reagan loves to swing!



McKenna put on one of RJ's shirts for bed one night. I thought it was so cute and reminded me of when I was a kid and wore my dad's shirts to bed. I went to get the camera and Hunter decided that he wanted in on the action as well.



We bought a year pass to the community center. In an effort to ease RJ's financial mind, we have been trying to utilize it to the fullest. We have been wanting to take the kids ice skating. I knew that RJ would die before putting on another pair of skates (since he nearly did just that the first and last time he went 7 years ago). He took Reagan while I alternated between taking Hunter and McKenna. There were little kids doing jumps and spins in the middle of the rink giving Hunter and McKenna false confidence. They were ready to peel out and try some spins themselves until they stepped on the ice.



I held under McKenna's arms and took her for a very slow ride around the rink. She kept lifting one leg in front of her trying to be fancy.


Hunter surprised me and wanted to do it by himself. He went around several times despite falling several times. By the end, he was doing a slow jog around the ice.





RJ and Reagan glad to have their feet on solid (unfrozen) ground.

McKenna has been riding around on a trike that Dave and Mila gave us when Hunter was little. We decided it was time for her to have a big girl bike. We found this Strawberry Shortcake one (with a bell) at Once Upon a Child for $25. I tried to teach her how to stop but she wasn't getting it. RJ said, "she'll figure it out eventually."


Ten seconds after I took this picture, she rode off the sidewalk, threw her hands in the air and crashed. That has not stopped her from riding every chance she gets!


After going to the Mall of America with Mila, I knew I wanted to take the kids soon. On Mother's Day, Hunter complained that there was no kid's day. I told him what my mom told me when I made the same complaint, "every day is kid's day." Even though I still beleive that's the case, RJ and I decided to make Saturday, Kid's Day. We made them pancakes, bacon, sausage, scammbled eggs, and orange juilius'. We tried to feed them in bed but McKenna wouldn't stay in her room. Hunter ended up sleeping on the couch that night so he got breakfast on the couch. After Hunter's soccer practice, we took them to the Mall of America but our camera battery ran out. We bought them a wrist band for unlimited rides and spent 6 hours at the mall. They loved the rides and I loved watching them laugh and squeal. One of their favorites was the log ride. It had a 40 ft. drop and RJ got really wet when he took them for a second go 'round. It took pictures during the decent and the kids looked more terrified than amused. We went to dinner at a Jamaican restaraunt and let the kids drink 3 cups of rootbeer. They all fell asleep on the way home for which we were grateful. We were even more grateful the next morning when their beds were dry! Happy Kid's Day Hunter, McKenna and Roo. We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment