Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Man Date Weekend

After a few sister gatherings, the men started to ask when their male bonding day would be. We kept telling them they could plan it whenever but we (women) all knew that none of them would actually take the time to organize such an event. I decided that they deserved it and I would break down and organize one for them. I scheduled a tee time for them to play 18 holes of golf here in Albany. Dave and Christine came up with their kids the night before and we made a fun weekend of it. We picked gorgeous raspberries and blueberries Saturday morning.

The kids enjoyed it almost as much as we did.

This picture is out of order. McKenna was saying good-bye to Brooklyn. She kept wanting to touch the poor child's face. I told her she could touch her feet. Here she is actually obeying!

McKenna is inspecting the raspberry. Surprisingly, she is not a big fan.

Christine was impressed with the size of the berries. She basically said she was using us for our berry picking connections.

My prize berries.
I made two yummy raspberry pies, RJ made his infamous seedless jam, and we ate the rest. Of course this picture doesn't include the berries Hunter and RJ picked.

Dad and Matt drove out from Reedsport. Matt and his brother Richard came up from Eugene. They didn't take the camera with them so I have no evidence that they actually played golf at all. Rumor got around that they had a good time though. We played Ticket to Ride almost until the ink fell off the cards and I eventually won once!

No comments:

Post a Comment