Thursday, July 1, 2010

Is it a boy or a girl?

On Monday, June 21st, RJ and I enjoyed seeing our little bundle via ultrasound. The technician took a long time pointing things out and explaining what he was looking for (and at). We told him not to tell us what the sex of the baby was but to circle it on a prepared piece of paper I brought. We looked away when he was looking down in that region.
Mom drove out to join us for a dinner with family and friends where we would open our special envelope. We have been wanting to take her and dad to a place called Tokyo. I thought she would get a kick out of watching the chef prepare the food. Hunter was really impressed but McKenna was freaked out.
Hunter and Grandma waiting patiently

Chuck and Theresa joined us. Theresa is the one who gave us the idea to open the envelope at dinner as a family. I'm so glad she did. It was a really fun and special dinner.

Jared and Jessie celebrated with us too

This is the only picture we got of our family and my eyes are closed! Oh well. The envelope Hunter is holding says, "What will it be?" We went around the table and everyone guesses whether they thought it was a boy or girl. Me and McKenna were pretty much the only ones saying "girl". We finally opened our envelope and saw the word "girl" circled. I was really excited because I felt like maybe I was in tune this time. I have thought it was a girl since before I got pregnant! RJ was really surprised because he didn't see it coming. Hunter was bummed because he wanted to share a room with his baby brother. I told him to trust me, he would be glad to have his own room after having to share with McKenna for a few years.

A beautiful fried rice heart with a sesame seed arrow.

An onion volcano
When we revealed the sex of the baby, mom presented us with a gift. There were two adorable outfits and a receiving blanket. Mom let us know that Dad helped pick them out. Thanks mom and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment