Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July Weekend

We went to Granma/pa Morrison's for the weekend along with Matt and Dave and their families. We had a very fun weekend. We played Ticket to Ride more times than I can count. I am however able to keep track of the number of times I won ... a big fat ZERO!

Uncle RJ wrestling half of the rugrats while we waited to load up and head over to the church for breakfast.

The 4th of July breakfast is always a big hit. We supplied 24 of the mouths needing to be fed. We sang a few songs and thanks to mom we had to repeat Yanky Doodle Dandy with more "gusto" even though we had been waiting for breakfast for at least half an hour.

Brooklyn could be mistaken for one of Donald Trumps illegitimate children with that crazy hair piece!

We had a picnic at the park. RJ manned the new grill we all chipped in and bought mom and dad.

The boys played football. Dad also brought mom's exercise ball to play kickball with. It was really fun.


Blanche and Brooklyn playing their own games.

Poor McKenna was so exhausted, she missed the picnic and the games.
Blanche took us all out to Sizzler for dinner. Mom and dad took great courage and willing took all of the grandkids home so Matt, Carda, Dave, Christine, RJ and I could see Eclipse in the theater. I know the men were not really into it but it was nice to all be together. We had some good laughs afterward. Unfortunately, my batteries in the camera died and I wasn't able to catch certain men running around Granma's without shirts on trying to be Jacob.
Sunday I was especially touched when we sang the national anthem in sacrament meeting. I thought about my experience in Argentina and how grateful I am to live in America. "Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserved us a nation." Maybe Americans need to sing the third verse more often?

No comments:

Post a Comment