Friday, November 14, 2014

Wisconsin Dells

 

Two years ago we went to the Wisconsin Dells with Tim and Lisa Hillyard.  We stayed in a gorgeous suite with a full kitchen, two bedrooms and a Jacuzzi tub.  I got a call in March from Wyndham Vacations saying that Tim referred us.  They offered us a deal to stay in the Dells for 2 nights for $159.  If we attended a two hour “time share” meeting, we would receive an American Express gift card for $100.  I thought it was such a good deal, I couldn’t pass it up.  When I called to make the reservation, I found out that we were not staying in a hotel room that came with the swimming wrist bands for entrance to the water parks.  I paid for the upgrade and booked our last family of 5 hurrah.  When we arrived, they charged us for an extra person which made me mad because I hate surprise costs.  When we walked in our room we quickly found out it was just a normal hotel room with a mini microwave and not even a freezer.  We had packed all of our food some of which needed to be frozen then baked.  We thought we had a fully furnished kitchen and didn’t bring bowls and certain utensils.  Our meeting ended up taking three hours and we had to say “no” to our $23,000 “deal” to three different salesmen.  Once we got past all of the frustration and surprises, we had a great time at the water parks and play land with the kids.

DSC_0341DSC_0343DSC_0344DSC_0346DSC_0348

RJ and Reagan joined forces and shot colorful foam balls at Hunter and McKenna from these log cannons.DSC_0349DSC_0351DSC_0353

The kids’ favorite was the wave pool.  Reagan and I hung out the whole time and I even squoze myself into an inner tube.  The hardest part was getting out!

DSC_0361DSC_0364DSC_0370DSC_0375

I hope the kids look back with fond memories on our family vacations.

No comments:

Post a Comment