Sunday, November 9, 2014

Time Out For Women

Because I went to TOFW when it was in Minneapolis, I receive regular emails from them.  Several months back, some girls in the ward posted on Maple Grove Ladies Facebook page that they were going to Madison Wisconsin this year for TOFW.  I didn’t pay much attention and never mentioned it to RJ.  About two months after that, he saw an email in our inbox and asked if I wanted to go.  I had expected to but thought it would be a lot of fun and a much needed ladies get away.  We got a group of four together and RJ put us  up in a beautiful Hilton Hotel room with rewards points he had saved up.  It went by so fast but we had a wonderful time.  We went out to eat, had ice cream, stayed up late, laughed, cried and yawned through some of the presenters and just enjoyed each other.  I’m so grateful for RJ’s support in helping me participate in things like this.  One speaker in particular (Emma Wattson) gave a list of 4 things to remember while parenting:  1.  Tell yourself “It won’t always be this way” (time will pass)  2.  Embrace the “Manna Plan” (don’t worry about tomorrow, you will get what you need today 3.  Remember the “Why” of what you are doing.  What does it yield? 4. Make “yes” your default 5.  Try giving a question or a resource instead of an answer.

DSC_0241DSC_0246

No comments:

Post a Comment