Sunday, September 21, 2014

Showering with Friends

I have been visiting teaching Michelle for one year now.  She is from Columbia and has been a blast to befriend.  I found out a month ago that she is moving to Texas and that she wanted to throw me a baby shower before she left.  I was so touched since I didn’t expect a shower for my fourth child.  She said, “In my country, every child is precious and deserves the best whether it’s the first or tenth.  All the women in the church do, make or buy something for the new babies born.” 

Michelle reached out to a few other women, Elsa, Merica, Patty, and Kirsten to help with decorations, games, food and a more central location.  Elsa offered to have it at her house and put on the most amazing luncheon ever!  Patty organized three games (how big around am I?  Can you remember the 21 baby items you saw for only seconds?  and You can’t say the word baby or anything like it or you lose your clothes pin).  Merica decorated this table soooo cute!  The white frame on the left of the table has little blue and white onsies that she cut out individually for guests to write me a special note.  She made a diaper cake, caramel popcorn balls with a note that read “Ready to Pop” and folded tissue into the shape of a diaper with a mint tucked inside.  Kirsten made cookie dough bon bons and helped with the food.  Michelle made Jell-O, quiche, chocolate covered pretzels and strawberries, and this adorable melon baby carriage!  Elsa made all kinds of dips, stuffed mushrooms, and creamy lasagna.  Esther also stepped in and worked the kitchen.

I couldn’t believe how many people came!  I felt so spoiled.  The generosity of all the women was overwhelming.  Elsa had told Michelle to expect about 10 people.  Michelle said, “No.  We will plan for 20-25.”  She was right.

I’m so excited and grateful for all the new things we were given.

DSC_0126DSC_0128DSC_0129DSC_0130

No comments:

Post a Comment