Wednesday, September 3, 2014

First Day of School

McKenna has been very excited about going back to school.  Her teacher’s name is Mrs. Lee and my friend who has had children at Fernbrook for several years was singing her praises as one of the best teachers there.  Hunter has a male teacher (Mr. Johnston) which he has never had.  Hunter was not so anxious to get back into the routine of homework and learning in general.

We took the kids to Kohl’s to get them something new for school.  I told them they each had $30.  McKenna needed shoes she could wear to church so after picking some out, she only had $15 left.  I let her take a bunch of things into the changing room from the clearance rack to choose 1-2 tops or a pair of pants.  I left her there with RJ so I could help Hunter find a leisure suit.  Apparently McKenna was really hamming it up in the dressing room with poses and smiles.  When I returned, we had multiple items in our cart that were determined “keepers”.  She even talked her dad into some accessories!

Hunter was sensing the un-coolness of being with his little sister and mom and tried to keep is distance.  He did agree to walk McKenna to class but when he heard I could come too, he bailed.  I can’t believe we have reached that age!  I thought he would be a teenager before I embarrassed him.

DSC_0053DSC_0054DSC_0055DSC_0056DSC_0057DSC_0058

Those are some good looking kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment