Friday, April 15, 2011

Time Out For Women



For Valentine's Day, RJ had me purchase tickets for Time Out For Women (a pow wow for women). My friend Mila was going to join me but had to cancel at the last minute which was a bummer. She was able to reschedule her visit a couple weeks out. I gave her ticket to Cheryl and we went with Lisa Hillyard. I enjoyed simply being with friends as much as I enjoyed the actual program. My take aways from the program were these: I need to make scripture study a priority (preferrably before bedtime), I need to start and finish my book idea whether anyone else ever reads it or not, and I need to choose to be happier. I'm affraid I have turned into the nagging, mean mom that no kid wants. As dumb as it sounds, I'm affraid to be nice to my kids because the second I am, they walk all over me and I feel out of control. If I listen to them tell me "one more thing" at bedtime, it takes an extra hour to get them down. If I ask rather than tell them to do something, they flat out say "no." If I tickle them, they will ask to be tickled until my fingers fall off and fight over who gets tickled next and how many tickles the other one got. If I help them get dressed, they all of a sudden need help with everything. The list goes on. I pray to be a better mom every night and to not ruin my kids but I find myself asking for the very same thing the next night. Oh yeah, back to TOFW. I took Reagan with me on Saturday and at lunch time, Cheryl and I walked over to Hell's Kitchen. I have been wanting to eat there since we got to Minnesota. We ended up finding two spots at the bar. There was a horrible live band playing but fortunately, Reagan slept through it. The food was yummy though! It turned out to be a really fun weekend. Thanks RJ!

2 comments:

  1. Meg, I love you very much! You are honest and g genuine. I wish that I could have come to TOFW. Did you enjoy the speakers? Who was it? How about any musical talent? Do the book. Even if you don't think anyone will read it. I WILL!!! Love you!@

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Do the book. It will be a great accomplishment and as you taught me. We can do hard things. I wish you were closer, I could take your kids for a while while you had time to write:) I think you are a great mom, I think RJ is a lucky guy and your kids are adorable. Love ya

    ReplyDelete