Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter

Hunter lost more that a few Easter eggs! He's almost as toothless as Reagan!


The Monday before Easter, McKenna had the lesson. I helped her talk about how bunnies, flowers, and eggs are symbols of Christ. We had a friend and her children join us. McKenna sang "My Heavenly Father Loves Me." I was so proud of her. I thought shyness might get the better of her but it didn't. We decorated some hard boiled eggs and raced them down the hill in the back. It was a neat kick-off for Easter.


The kids woke up early on Easter morning and were excited about getting started with whatever it is we do on Easter (we don't have exact traditions in place yet). We decided to forgo the whole Easter bunny idea and told the kids that we would eat breakfast together then do an easter egg/basket hunt. Each of them had six plastic eggs to find filled with chocolate or jelly beans. I hid my eggs well and Hunter quickly found the easy ones that daddy did. Poor McKenna needed a lot of clues to find the remaining six and Hunter was quick to help.



Hunter's basket!


McKenna's basket!


Reagan got this dress. It was $4.25. What a steal. She looks like a million bucks in it.





"Forget rice cereal. I'm going for the good stuff!"


We played baseball after church with Hunter's new wiffle balls. RJ wanted a picture of me and Reagan in our matching pink hoodies. It reminded him of a picture I took six years ago with me and Hunter in blue hoodies.


I made funeral potatoes, ham, steamed veggies, salad and an icecream pie. It was an enjoyable Easter. We are so grateful for the resurrection of Jesus and what it means for us as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment