Wednesday, August 25, 2010

RJ's 32nd Birthday!

I made RJ a triple layer lemon cake from scratch with a lemon curd filling. I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. It may not have been the most beautiful cake on the outside but it sure tasted good. Don't you love birthdays?

We ended up celebrating RJ's birthday at Matt and Carda's because they were so kind to take the kids for a few days so we could get things moving with the house. We drove up to pick the kids and capitalized on our opportunity to share some cake and BBQ too.

I don't know why RJ chose to put 6 candles on the cake but even then, he needed Hunter's help.

McKenna's gift to daddy was to throw away all of her sippy cups. In all honesty, I'm the one who threw them all away. She was totally caught unawares and not very happy about her offering.

I recycled a bag that I received containing a baby gift for our little girl. RJ was a grateful recipient reguardless.

He's going to have to wear a shirt and tie to work 3 days a week in Minnesota so I found this fun set. I also got him some socks and ordered "The Mocking Jay" the third book in a sequal that we are reading together and really enjoy.
Happy Birthday Babe. I love you!

1 comment: