Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Baby Shower/Going Away Luncheon

My super sister, Beth, organized a baby shower/going away luncheon for me at Applebee's. I looked forward to it all week and it was great fun.
I had my glucose test on Monday before the shower and the phlobotomist said that I looked further along than I was. It wasn't the first time I had heard that. A lot of people have commented on my size. I decided to wear a sign to explain it all so people would stop asking. It said, "I know I am HUGE but I am not having twins and I am not due until Nov. 5th."

My wide shot


Mom drove over for the event and bought my lunch and dessert (YUM). Thanks for coming Ma.

My go-to girl

Laura Leon (surprised me by switching her plans around and driving up from Eugene. We went to High School together. You're awesome Laura!), Beth (and Gannon who's not in the pic), Me, Mom, Carda (drove down from Hillsboro. What a great sister-in-law), Jaylyn Nunn (who squeezed me in between work and tutoring) and Tara McIllmoil (who had to scramble for a babysitter at the last minute to make it). I'm so grateful to those who came. I had so much fun. I also have to mention my dad who stayed home with my little munchkins.

Present time! Jaylyn gave me binkies of all varieties. I hope this one will take a binky but not be overdependant on it.

side note* so Beth drove me over to Applebee's and had several gift bags in her car. I assumed that some of them were intended for other people but she told me to grab them all and bring them in. I had previously threatened her and mom with their lives not to give me any more gifts since they have already given me a plethera of wonderful things.

I opened bag after bag from Beth because she wanted me to have a lot to open. She ordered this cute diaper wipe container disguised in material and ribbons. She also made me an awesome necklace and bracelet and a bracelet for my little wonder.

Christine wasn't able to make it but delivered these great burp clothes to Beth to bring me. She also gave me a special cover for the carseat and fun headbands with detatchable flowers.

Tara gave me these adorable slipper/shoes and hat. I'm so excited to put them on the baby.

As mentioned earlier, mom has also gone overboard on gifts. She gave me a bag of the necessities (nursing pads, lanolin, gel pads, and baby bath stuff). She also made this cool collage of what the blessing dress will look like and the materials she used. It is going to be beautiful!

Here we are with satisfied tummies

Special women (and Gannon)

McKenna really likes to look at and hold Gannon. I hope she is equally fond of her own baby sister.

Hunter is happy to hold Gannon even if the feeling is not mutual.

I really like how he's looking down at Gannon in this picture. I think he is going to be a big help with our little girl.

2 comments:

  1. Love all of the posts. I enjoy having you catch up on your blog so that I can see everything. The house looks awesome and I am very happy that you enjoyed your shower. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress. You look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete