Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Surprise!

RJ and I decided to close our US Airways account but we still had enough miles for one round trip flight anywhere in the US.  I wondered about going on a fun girl’s trip but decided that the best place and people to be with is home and family.  RJ took a week off of work to stay home with the kids so I could go!

I flew into Portland at 11 p.m. ish where Matt and Beth picked me up.  The next morning, Beth and I worked out at her gym (thanks to Madalyn for giving me her guest pass).  We are both training for a 200 mile, 24 hour relay race.  Beth highlighted my hair after that.

0509141552[1]

We left for Reedsport around 4 and eventually connected with Matt and Carda where I hopped in with them to chat for 2 plus hours as Jarom drove!

We met at the DQ in Reedsport and caravanned to mom and dad’s.  They were busy and didn’t answer the door so we let ourselves in with Dan leading us in Christmas carols?  Mom knew all the kids (except for me) were coming to surprise dad with an early 70th birthday party and dad was completely surprised with everything.

We went to the community center for a 1 am game of basketball where Beth schooled me.

Matt set up 3 different t-times at the Reedsport golf course and we headed out early.  I was with Sean, Josh, Nathan, and Matt.  I was really impressed with Nathan and Josh’s ability to cheer each other on instead of competing against each other.  They are good boys.  We had a ton of fun.

In the afternoon we took mom shopping and helped her pick out some outfits with the money we pulled together for her Mother’s Day basket.  We found some great clothes for some great deals.  We barbequed that night and Sean and Melissa got their special Mother’s Day breakfast (cinnamon rolls) ready.

May 12th 2014 005

May 12th 2014 020

Some of the grandkids enjoying their BBQ.

May 12th 2014 025May 12th 2014 027May 12th 2014 032May 12th 2014 035May 12th 2014 040

May 12th 2014 043May 12th 2014 046

May 12th 2014 062May 12th 2014 063

Beth put together these awesome baskets for mom and dad.  She loaded them with a few of their favorite things including books, movies, gift certificates, snacks, jewelry, shirts etc.  She also made mom’s special chocolate vinegar cake and got this patriotic cake for dad.

May 12th 2014 065

The men made a wonderful Mother’s Day breakfast Sunday morning.  It’s nice to be spoiled once in a while.  RJ let me purchase some zumba attire for a Mother’s Day gift from him.  He also put together a really cute “employee evaluation” of all that I do and gave me a “raise”!

May 12th 2014 075

May 12th 2014 100

May 12th 2014 109

Dan and Sandy had to leave he night before but the rest of us went to church and doubled the congregation.  All the men were asked to come forward at the close of the meeting and sing “Love at Home.”  It was very touching to see all of my brothers, their sons, and my dad up there.  I really missed being in primary the 2nd and 3 hour though.

Everyone left Sunday evening.  I spent the next three days enjoying my mom and dad and Blanche.  We went golfing again, watched movies, played tennis, gave some service at a food shelter, visited and played ticket to ride.  I spent a few hours each morning choreographing zumba dances for my trial mini class held in a member’s basement.

On Thursday, mom drove me to visit Theresa and her kids for lunch.  It was my first time meeting Charles!0515141345[1]

We drove up to Sean and Melissa’s house and had a BBQ.  Beth and Matt joined us in the evening.  It was so fun just being with everyone.  It was my first time in 9 years just being an aunt too.  Because I wasn’t overextended with my own children, I could enjoy my nieces and nephews.

I had the most wonderful trip!  Many thanks to everyone who added to the joy and for RJ’s  sacrifice.  He did such a good job.  McKenna admitted that she didn’t miss me at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment