Saturday, July 19, 2014

Reeve Baby Exposed!

 

RJ got to decide if we were going to find out what the gender was this time around.  He decided that since we are planners and since he knew his reaction in the operating room would be sub par, we might as well have a party with friends and family.

We had our ultrasound on Friday, July 11th in the morning.  Because of Maple Grove Days, we decided to push the party back to Saturday evening.  I asked the ultrasound technician to circle a paper that I had prepared declaring that our baby was either a BOY or GIRL.  RJ admitted to almost peaking when she asked us to turn our heads so she could identify the gender.  She sealed it and I took it to Target’s bakery where they made us a cake with encrypted filling (pink for girl, blue for boy).

The kids were very excited!  McKenna and Hunter wanted it to be a boy.  I was surprised that McKenna didn’t vote for total girl domination.  She wanted our family to be even.  When I was pregnant with McKenna I had the feeling that we would have four children, two boys and two girls.  I thought McKenna would be boy number two but since she and Reagan were our two girls, I assumed this was our little boy. 

DSC_0561

DSC_0560DSC_0562DSC_0563DSC_0564

I copied that kids fourth of July crafts and made some giant flowers for decoration.  The banner read “Reeve Baby Reveal".

Target bakery made this half sheet white cake with butter cream frosting and a giant question mark.

DSC_0567

Here is a 3-D picture from our ultrasound.  When Hunter saw it, he said “I know it’s a boy because he’s bald!”

DSC_0569

We waited half an hour for our friends to arrive.  I had jars on the table with either pink or blue balloons.  Everyone had to commit and blow up their balloon. The kids were almost as excited as I was to find out what color the filling was.  Cheryl joined us via face time and RJ had my parents on the phone.  When I made the first cut, it was hard to tell because the knife had different colors from all the polka dots.  I thought I saw a larger streak of blue though.  Sure enough when I turned it and took the corner piece out, it was BLUE!

DSC_0570DSC_0571DSC_0573DSC_0574DSC_0575

We are happy to now call the lump in my belly baby brother!  RJ has naming rights with our fourth and final child so we likely won’t have more specifics until were are in the hospital.  We are very excited!

1 comment: