Thursday, June 5, 2014

Zumba

Zumba Instruction

My friend asked me to teach the young women zumba for their mutual activity.  I took two sessions of zumba through the park and recreation program so I told her I had done it but not taught it.  I told her that if she was in a bind, I would put something together.  She said she was in a bind.  I had so much fun picking my songs and choreographing the dances.  The girls were so enthusiastic and positive that it got me thinking “I can be creative, exercise, have fun, and make a little money on the side if I get licensed and do this for real.”  Here is a picture of the group I got to get licensed with.  The instructor was Kelly Bullard (front row, curly blonde hair).  She was very inspiring.  She had so much energy and it made me wonder if I really could do this.

I put together a 3 week mini class with the help of Cindy Clark who let us use her indoor basketball court to hold class twice a week.  It was a LOT of work but so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment