Thursday, June 26, 2014

Return of Mommy School

After looking through old blurb books, Hunter asked me if I would do mommy school again this summer.  I had given up because it was so much work to have them complain the whole time. 

The kids are always looking for ways to make money so I thought that we should kick off mommy school with our own little money making craft sale.  I found 3 ideas on line.  The kids and I went shopping to price out the items needed.  We found the best deals we could and improvised others.  When we finished, we talked about pricing and how they would have to pay me back for start up costs.  The rest would be their profit which they would have to split (Hunter and McKenna).  They did all the work and I am so proud of the outcome.  They put many hours into this project.

DSC_0134DSC_0135

DSC_0188

DSC_0136DSC_0137

DSC_0190DSC_0191DSC_0192DSC_0193DSC_0194

Centerpieces

DSC_0196

Utensil Holders

DSC_0197

Wreaths

We also made patriotic rice crispy treats (red, white and blue layered). I posted their work on facebook and they sat at front in the neighborhood. They made $11 the first day.  After we get back from the Reeve Family Reunion, we will try to sell the rest.  Hopefully we don’t end up with excess inventory.

No comments:

Post a Comment