Friday, September 7, 2012

Dare to Do

RJ wasn’t religious about his training for his personal triathlon but he did do a lot of it.  I admit that I was surprised and proud of him for actually pulling it off.  He picked a day (Sat., Sept. 1st).  I sent him an email on Friday reminding him about packet pickup.  I made him a swag with a coupon for a massage, a new shirt, water bottle (from my swag) and a bib number (just for filler).  He thought it was a cute idea.

We drove over to the community center and the kids played in the maze while he swam 24 laps. 

DSCN5454DSCN5457

We pulled his bike out of the car, took his swim stuff and watched him pedal away (17 miles).

DSCN5458DSCN5460

We parked around the corner from our friends’ house to cheer him on then borrow some movies from them.

DSCN5461

He asked Hunter to bike along side him for motivation on his run (3 miles).

DSCN5463

McKenna and I met them half way with water guns to cool him off.

I’m really proud of him for completing his goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment