Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Les Miserables

Our November date was supposed to be an NBA game but because of the strike, we had to push that off until January. December's date was a theatrical performance. RJ thought about going to see a Christmas Carol but when we heard that Les Miserables would be performed at the Orpheum in Minneapolis we decided to attend that instead. Apparently it is it's 25th anniversary. I got a good deal on tickets and our friends Krystal and Adam Larson came with us.


We were way in the back (probably only three rows behind us). I thought we might need binoculars before we got there but I was pleasantly surprised that I could see the characters fine even if their faces were a blur.
We tried to get a picture of all four of us and I was talking when RJ snapped it. He preferred this picture of himself to the next so I thought it only fair to add it.


I really wanted to get decked out for my big date but with Hunter's party in the morning, I only had 10 minutes. Oh well, that's life.

The performance was AWESOME! I knew it would be a musical but I didn't know that the dialogue was also going to be sung. It took a few minutes to get use to and I had to focus hard to understand what they were saying/singing. I was very moved by the music and thought the cast was fantastic. My favorite part was Fantine singing "I dreamed a dream." I got chills.

2 comments:

  1. LOve all of the pictures! I feel like I am there. You are an amazing writer. Merry Christmas, I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THAT MUSICAL!!!!! I drug Kevin to it on our Honeymoon. It is so awesome. There are so many moving songs, I can't name all of them that I like. But I would definitely go again. Glad you got the chance.

    ReplyDelete