Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Big F-O-U-R!

RJ told McKenna as he put her to bed that when she woke up, it would be her birthday. At 6 a.m., she came down the stairs (where RJ and I were working out) and said good morning! I offered to make her chocolate chip pancakes and to my utter amazement, she passed and opted for LIFE cereal!


I rode/pulled her on my bike to the park for playgroup and we picked up some pink sugar frosted cookies on the way for her to share with her friends. She was so excited to have a whole container of beautiful pink cookies that she walked around the park with them for some time. I had to remind her several times that they were for sharing.

We always start with the swings at the park. Then I tell her that she has to go play and burn some energy.

Reagan likes the swings too (I think).



When I asked McKenna if she wanted a friend party or family party, she said "family, but with Charlotte." We invited her friend Charlotte over in the afternoon to do some crafts.


Charlotte gave her some princess squinkies (don't ask me to describe what they are or why kids love them. They are an expensive choking hazard).



We made some princess/butterfly frames and they each got to decorate a castle cake.


The frosting is always so tempting!


Wow! Great job Mic.


I dreamt about and googled the castle cake I wanted to make for McKenna for about a month. RJ and I decided to start doing P90X together on Labor Day and when he asked if I was 100% committed, I knew I couldn't make a triple layer cake for my 4 and 6 year old to eat single-handedly (or would it be double handedly?)! Instead I made a 9x13 and four cupcakes. I made a castle cake kit for the four kids (Hunter, McKenna, Barrett, and Charlotte) and no leftovers for me. I think it turned out really nice and the kids had fun. McKenna's flag says "Princess McKenna."


I made Hunter's frosting and tower blue and put his on a water background so it could be an island castle. He is always very exacting in his work.


The crazy thing is that McKenna didn't even end up eating any cake on her birthday! She was so excited to get to presents and we were in a time crunch to get Hunter to soccer.


Present Time!



The Friday before her birthday, we went to a garage sale at Jacey's. Hunter brought his pouch full of money and found a pokemon book that he spent $.75 on. He walked around and found a tea cup and saucer for $.25. He found this little "album" and told me he wanted to buy it for McKenna for her birthday. It was $1. I was touched that he picked something out for her and spent the most on her.


We got her a backpack to feel official when she goes to the little co-op preschool Jacey and I organized with two other moms.


McKenna's chore money was finding it's way all over the house so we got her a piggy bank for it to have a home.

Reagan gearing up for her big 1 year milestone.



McKenna loves babies! I wanted to get her a little front carrier for her babies but nobody sold one separately, so she got another baby to add to her little brood. We also bought her some onsies since she is always asking to borrow Reagan's clothes for her dolls. We also bought her a little shopping cart that has room for groceries and two babies. She has broken two strollers so we gave up on those but decided that she still needed something with wheels. She loves it! She was so grateful for her gifts.


McKenna loves her daddy! He thought when we got married that he only wanted boys but McKenna has carved a place in his heart that no boy could fill.


I love my "Sissy." She is so full of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment