Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mother's Day

RJ thought he had one short early morning meeting but apparently it got cancelled. The kids gave me to best gift ever and slept in until 8 a.m. RJ and McKenna made me strawberry pancakes for breakfast.
McKenna is a happy helper

Here's RJ cleaning up her "helpful" spill.


Hunter framed a poem for me and decorated it with buttons and yarn. The poem read:
I miss you when we're not together
I'm growing up so fast
See how big I've gotten
Since you saw me last?
As I grow, I'll change a lot,
The years will fly right by.
You'll wonder how I grew so quick
When and where and why?
So look upon this
That's hanging on your wall.
And memories will come back of me,
When I was very small.

I got choked up reading it. Sometimes each day drags on and I'm aware of every minute. However, when I look back at the kids' baby pictures, I can't believe how fast they have grown. I don't want to look back when he's gone and wish that I would have enjoyed him more.

I asked RJ for an electric leg shaver and he surprised me with roses to boot! I love to stop and smell the roses (on my counter). They have obviously expired now but I am waiting for each petal to fall off before I throw them away.

McKenna and I having a bonding mother/daughter moment moisturizing our faces.


I think she may have gotten more in her fingernails than on her skin?

No comments:

Post a Comment