Thursday, May 6, 2010

Matt's Surprise Party

Carda planned a surprise party in Seaside for Matt. RJ and I drove up to Hillsboro to pick up the Morrison kids. RJ took Matt's kids and Hunter in their van and I drove with McKenna in ours. Upon take-off, McKenna yacked all over herself. I was so glad RJ saw us pull over and came back to save me. Being in my first trimester, with a hypersensitive sniffer, I don't know if I could have held down my lunch cleaning up the mess. One of Heavenly Father's tender mercies was extended to me in that I didn't smell the stench until I got out of the car and started unpacking.

Mom & Dad, Dave & Christine, and Me & RJ "ran into" Matt and Carda in an icecream shop. Here Matt is looking so surprised he could cry.

We went out for dinner instead of a BBQ on the beach because it was raining.


We squeezed in a million people in a 12 seater spot.

We all splurged on a carousel ride after dinner. We got ripped off but the kids had fun. McKenna enjoyed racing her two-toed, swift footed, flightless bird.

Hunter and his horse.

RJ starting to get sick but pretending to have a blast.
We celebrated with cake and presents in a condo near the beach. After attending church the next morning, we enjoyed some time on the beach.
We bought this 3-D hawk kite from Costco several years ago and have neglected it in our garage. It was ready to take flight!


Carda and her kids especially had fun with it.

They got it to soar.


McKenna checking out the sand. I was surprised that she was slow to take off her shoes. She is all about messes. I thought sand would be right up her alley.

Believe it or not...this is a happy face.

Amanda, Rachel, and McKenna digging holes.


Matt challenged me and Hunter to a friendly game of football. We did not decline the challenge.

Here I am playing QB for Jarom and a random kid on the beach that joined us. *side note: he (random beach kid) was supposed to be watching his 2 year old brother who wondered off and got lost on the beach. I felt sick in my stomach thinking of all the things that could have happened. Fortunately, his family found him.

Me and my boy

Our happy family
Hunter was having a hard time because he got a blister on his finger in the condo playing foosball with Caleb. His bandaid kept coming off and he was freaking out. It definetly affected his game on the field.

McKenna, cleaned up and ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment