Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Day

Couples 5K
Theresa, Carda, and I are training for a half marathon in June. Since Theresa and I had never even done a 5K, we decided to do one together to get an idea of each other's pace. When we discovered this couples run for Valentine's Day, we knew our men would want to join. We thought it would be cute to run the whole thing together but that lasted about 5 steps and the men took off. It was way more fun than running my loop around the neighborhood.
That evening, RJ and I went to the Stake Valentine's Dinner and Dance followed by a performance of "Beauty and the Beast" at the community theater. I was really looking forward to the whole night. I wore my extra high heels to be taller for dancing with RJ. I told him we wouldn't stick around long, I just wanted one dance. We enjoyed dinner at a table with some friends, then RJ went to talk to someone he knew from work. I waited thinking, "he's not much of a talker, he'll be back soon." I sat there for 15-20 minutes by myself watching other couples dance. I was pretty upset by the time he came back because it was time to go to the play and I just knew that he spent all of that time talking so he wouldn't have to dance. I told him I was disappointed. We continued on to the play without many more words between us. I really enjoyed the play. I was surprised to find out that I knew the "Beast." He cleaned the carpets in the apartments we use to manage. RJ was a little more critical since he has been to a Broadway-type play before. When I returned home from dropping the babysitter off, RJ was in the living room with the lights dimmed and Argentine music playing in the background. He asked me for a dance and I was more than happy to oblige.



Valentine's Day fell on a Sunday this year. I made the kids french toast and bacon. I cut hearts out of the french toast with a cookie cutter. The kids got a kick out of that.



RJ and I made a valentine for each child. We cut out a heart and wrote all of the things that we love about them on it. They enjoyed hearing how great they are and how much we love them. It's been a tradition for me to make RJ a "Remember When" list. I recap all of the memorable moments of the year (usually humorous ones). RJ gave me some bright pink daisies.

No comments:

Post a Comment