Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hunter's Tooth

As we were driving in the car, Hunter was complaining about a loose tooth and whining followed by more whining. I told him it took time before a tooth would fall out and since I wasn't aware of him even having a loose tooth not to worry. When we got home, I was surprised to see just how loose his tooth really was. The next morning, it fell right out. I told him to put it under his pillow and the tooth fairy would come and leave money. He forgot to leave it under his pillow and left in on a lid on the microwave. When he went to bed, I took the tooth and put 50 cents in it's place. He was surprised and excited to get money the next morning. I was not prepared when he asked, "mom, did you leave the money?" I knew I couldn't lie right to his face so I said, "what do you think?" RJ overheard this conversation from down the hall and rescued me from breaking down in the face of Hunter's interrogation. He interrupted the conversation and Hunter then asked if he had left the money. Truthfully, RJ could say "no."

1 comment:

  1. Go Hunter. Bailey is aching to loose a tooth. She pretends to have lost one. No B not yet.

    ReplyDelete