Thursday, January 28, 2010

Storybook Land

I had planned all month on taking the kids to a place called Storybook Land. It has lighted displays of almost all the disney movies and nursery rhymes. I had gone one time before with a live and learn class I did with Hunter. We practically had the whole place to ourselves. We almost missed this year but made it the day before closing. RJ was working, so I bundled the kids and we headed over with Christmas music playing. Apparently everyone else waiting until the next-to-last-day to go as well. We waited in line outside for at least 45 minutes. If you know McKenna, that was next to impossible: being in relatively the same spot for such a long period of time. Target sent volunteers over to help with supervision. RJ volunteered to help ou that night and said he would be at the entrance and could walk through with us. We didn't succeed at meeting him at the entrance so we wound around and eventually found him half way through.


McKenna was especially excited to see the Sesame Street decorations. Even though she doesn't watch TV (which is ocassionally unfortunate), it was a display of something she recognized.

A line was formed at the end to sit on Santa's lap. It looked quite long and I was ready to go home. However, Hunter said he wanted to see Santa. We waited for another 45 minutes in that line wondering if it ever ended? We were hardly moving. At last, Santa was in view. We were third in line. I pulled out my camera in preparation. The little girl currently on his lap was taking forever. The mom must have taken at least 5 pictures. No wonder the line was so slow. " I guess I'll be grateful when it's our turn," I thought "I'll have a lasting memory of a magical moment." One more little girl, then us! Wait, Mrs. Claus was wispering something in Santa's ear. "What? Did she just say what I think she said?" Yep, the line was too long and they wanted everyone to see Santa, so he couldn't take any more pictures with kids on his lap. He would just hand out candy canes as they walked by. I snapped this picture before Mrs. Claus could take away my camera. My feet were so tired and I was so annoyed. RJ had to put things in perspective for me, "Let it go." He said, and had to repeat three times.

No comments:

Post a Comment