Thursday, January 28, 2010

Christmas in Reedsport

As always, we travelled to Reedsport for Christmas. It wouldn 't seem like Christmas without watching mom open 9 of the same thing from dad. I don't know at what point I'll be able to say, let's stay home for Christmas. It seems like it would melt be like any other day afte the present were opened. I need family around!
Holiday=Family

Mom and McKenna donning fun aprons to get our big Christmas Eve dinner ready.

Me and the kids cuddling on the couch.

Anticipating the evening

Dan and Sandy came with their dogs/kids for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We all opened our pajamas and put them on as our traditional Christmas Eve nightwear. RJ bought me a little something that turned out to be the talk of the week. Mom couldn't stop giggling about it.

Grandma put together some great last minute costumes for the kids to act out the nativity as we read. Grandpa convinced the heathen (uncle Dan) to read the account. He emphasized every time the scripture talked about taxes/being taxed and made other additions of his own.
I'm not sure we felt the spirit but at least we all laughed together.

RJ and I knew our Christmases would be unexciting but we looked forward to watching the kids enjoy the magic of Christmas.
Hunter got a special Power Ranger helmet from Santa. You download special missions from the internet. When completed, you get a certificate.

I made Hunter and McKenna a bag with the first letter of their name on the front. I wanted them to have their own bags to take to church to keep the quiet, I mean reverent.

The day after Halloween, I lucked out and got this Optimus Prime costume in just he right size for just the right price- on sale + a discount!

Grandma and Grandpa bought a beautiful Christmas dress for McKenna.
RJ and I mainly got things that we really needed or things for the house like tennis shoes, pillows, fire pokers and a grill cover. Christmas just isn't quite the same when you get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment