Tuesday, August 18, 2009

RJ's Birthday!

Unfortunately I don't have pictures to document RJ turning 31. He had to work the swing shift at the distribution center so we only had a few hours with him from the time he woke up to the time you had to go back to work. I told Hunter and McKenna I would give them each a dollar and we could go to the dollar store to find something for daddy. Then I told Hunter (not expecting him to be on board with the idea) that it would be even more meaningful if he purchased a gift with his own money. He said, "OK" and grabbed his hard earned $5 from weeks of chores and selling brownies.
He didn't want to stop at one gift once we got to the store and I told him not to spend all his money. "It's OK" he said, "I can always do more chores." I was really touched by his selflessness.
We bought KFC (one of RJ's favorite take out foods) and went to the park. I bought him a game and some clothes. Then we went home and had a choice of homemade vanilla icecream with chocolate cake or a rootbeer float (another love of RJ's). It was a fun afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment