Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fun Activities and Unforgettable Moments

When I heard that there were tennis courts nearby, I put together a tennis tournament.
It's all fun and games until you play with a competitive Morrison.

Here I am serving to Matt.

A Killer Game of Kickball
In the Red Corner we have Hunter, Bailey, Brynlee, Caleb, Spencer, and all the other grandchildren present

VS.
The Blue Corner

RJ- the first baseman

Daniel-out field

Matt- pitcher and Dave (not pictured)
It was a ruthless game that sent at least two children into tears.

Skit Night
We had a skit night in which each family had to bring 5 props. We drew numbers to see which bag of props we would get. Dave got the lucky bag with a pair of thong underwear respectfully refered to as "Goldie". Here he is as a circus performing weight lifter hoisting Riley high above his head. This outrageous stunt was one of the two skits to make my blog.

Dan and Sandy as pirates. What could top seeing Dan in a unitard?

How about adding a pair of goggles!



What goofballs! Who ever said there was such a thing as sibbling rivalry? We had so much fun together, we were up into the weee hours of the night laughing, playing and talking.



Thanks to RJ's mad dutch oven skills, we enjoyed italian chicken, potatoes with bacon and blueberry cobbler.


Eager Hikers!

Thanks to the Discovery Center in Reedsport and the Portland Zoo, I was able to identify bear scat while on our friendly little hike. I couldn't help but think "What would I honestly do if a bear attacked me right now?"

RJ and I have been on only a handful of hikes together. Our first one was hiking the "Y" in Provo. We were dating and wanting to impress each other with our level of fitness. In attempted silence, we gasped for breath and stopped only to enjoy the scenery (or that was our excuse). Hunter almost died of hyerthermia in our second hike and because the path wasn't as stoller-friendly as was implied by our host, I had to run it back to the car and clocked an extra 3-4 miles. I will have to say, that this family hike was a much more pleasant experience. Not too easy but not too hard. It wasn't too hot nor was it too cold but how did that baby bear once put it? Oh yeah, it was "just right!"


The Summit!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see that these pictures are being used by others more than me. Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the skit idea. That sounds like a great family reunion.

    ReplyDelete