Wednesday, September 25, 2013

SIX WOW!

After being in Disneyland, we had to have a princess party with a castle cake.  I designed this cake it my head.  McKenna was happy with it.  Originally, McKenna invited a small number of friends (three of whom were older than her, 8, 10 and 13 years old).  I wanted the crafts to be things that the girls would use.  Not too baby-ish and not just junky stuff.  Amanda gave us her clear necklace “wire” and clasps.  I bought some metallic beads for necklaces and bracelets.  I also bought several bunches of flowers at the dollar store and took them apart so they could design their own flower hair clip.  I have to admit that I was a little ambitious.  Her three older friends said they couldn’t come so we made quick invites to three other little girls McKenna’s age.  All the girls needed help so RJ and I worked like crazy to get everyone what they needed.  When they were done with their jewelry and flowers, I did hair and make-up while RJ painted and decaled fingernails and toe nails.  We played two games.  The first was Aladdin’s magic carpet ride.  They had to sit on a blanket and scoot on their bottoms across the floor. The winner got Jasmine’s jewels (ring pops).  We then did an egg hunt.  Each egg had a Hershey's kiss (every princess needs true loves “kiss”).  One egg was golden and whoever found it got a princess calendar.  McKenna ended up finding the golden egg which I felt bad about.  I wanted her to give it to someone else but she wouldn’t.  She was quite the sassy princess.

DSCN6576

DSCN6590DSCN6591DSCN6592

DSCN6599DSCN6600DSCN6601DSCN6602DSCN6603

Ava Palmer is in the black dress, Charlotte Hillyard, McKenna, Kami Olson, Rachel Mattson, and Tatum Morley.  We had three Rapunzels!  Ava was a “wicked princess”.  She said she was the witches daughter.  It was hilarious because she is such an adorable sweet little thing!

DSCN6617DSCN6618

RJ and I bought McKenna a sewing machine and a giant box of craft stuff.  Our house has been messy ever since.

DSCN6619

My mom made this dress for me to wear as the flower girl in Dan and Kathryn’s wedding.  I was 8 or 9 years old when I wore it.

DSCN6620DSCN6628

Charlotte gave McKenna this bag.  Within 24 hours of opening it, she had colored it.  I think she is fantastic at coloring.

DSCN6629

Kami gave her an awesome cupcake kit.  We had to make them Sunday before church.

McKenna and Reagan with some of the crafts we bought her.

DSCN6630DSCN6631DSCN6632DSCN6633DSCN6634

McKenna is growing up to be a wonderful little person.  She’s an amazing big sister.  She is very creative and talented.  Her personality is bigger than her body.  She is a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment