Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning

RJ and I spent much of Christmas Eve making delicious cinnamon rolls from a recipe we got at our cooking class.  We decided to make them our traditional Christmas breakfast.  We had dinner with the Hilliards and let the kids get some energy out.  When we got home, we read Luke 2 and let the kids open a present from grandma and grandpa Morrison…...

DSCN5781DSCN5782DSCN5784DSCN5785DSCN5786DSCN5787DSCN5788

Pajamas! 

Reagan loves her new jammies.  She calls them her polka dots.  The kids put out brownies for Santa, carrots for the reindeer and some cheese for the mice (yikes).

RJ and I woke up at 7 a.m. Christmas morning and chatted a little before the kids came in at 7:30.  I was surprised that they slept in so long.  McKenna had forgotten that it was Christmas morning.  The kids ran down and got the manger and Matt and Carda’s letters.  We read our letters and all the good things we did for each other and those around us.  We let the kids open their stockings while we baked the cinnamon rolls.  They were so excited they could hardly eat them though.

DSCN5789DSCN5790

Reagan making a beeline for the gift Santa left for her and McKenna.

DSCN5792

A Dora Jeep!

DSCN5793

Hunter wasn’t too disappointed to have gotten coal in his stocking.

DSCN5794DSCN5798

Santa brought Hunter an air hockey table!  Hunter is the reigning champ.

DSCN5799

Santa brought RJ and I clothes.  He also left the game Qwirkle, several puzzles and a tub of hot chocolate mix.

DSCN5801

DSCN5802

We bought the kids each something crafty.

DSCN5803DSCN5804DSCN5817

We also drew names and tried to do homemade or inexpensive gifts.

DSCN5805DSCN5807

McKenna had Hunter and she made him a necklace with gummy savers and a bey blades arena.

DSCN5808

Hunter bought me “utter cream for my dry hands.DSCN5819

I made Reagan four colors of scented play dough.DSCN5821.RJ made McKenna a book for bedtime (My Creative Bedtime Book) with blank sheets of computer paper because she is always asking for paper right as we walk out the door after tucking her in.

Reagan made RJ some happy pills.  She used an empty vitamin container and filled them with peanut butter M&M’s and pasted cute pictures of her on the bottle.

DSCN5810

DSCN5811

McKenna REALLY wanted stompeez (the ears uncover the eyes whenever you step) slippers.  We had to exchange them for a larger size and she chose puppies over unicorns.

I made all of the kids and RJ scarves to keep their necks warm for our dog sledding trip.

DSCN5809DSCN5813DSCN5815DSCN5814

I made RJ this wooden plaque.  When we went to Nauvoo last summer, the kids made a rope and the missionary explained how families are bound in the temple just like this rope.  RJ mentioned wanting to do something with the rope but it sat in the kids dress up bin for over a year.  I finally came up with an idea.  I bought a piece of wood from Home Depot and burned these words into it:  woven together FOREVER April 26,2003.  Then I stained it with a red toned stain to match the colors in our living room.  I was so… excited for him to open it!

I also bought him a band saw (from Craig’s List) so he could help Hunter with his pinewood derby car.

DSCN5818

RJ picked out some cute workout gear for me (yoga capris and this long sleeved Avia shirt.

DSCN5823DSCN5824

RJ also spent many hours in a jewelry store trying to pick out some inexpensive “chunky” jewelry.  He did a great job.

DSCN5826

Hunter got two different sets of legos.

DSCN5828

I started to wonder where my awesome date list gift was.  Finally, I got my thin package.  Yeah!  I love this gift and am really excited about another year of cool dates.

The girls took their jeep out for a spin.

DSCN5834DSCN5837DSCN5842DSCN5843

Reagan’s turn to drive (well maybe by summer she’ll be able to reach the pedal.

After lunch we caravanned up to Ely with the Rowleys.  We stayed in a house in Babbit and went dog sledding the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment