Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

Our good friends the Rowley’s invited us to Thanksgiving dinner at their house this year.  RJ made a beautiful (and delicious) pecan pie with decorative leaves on top and a green bean casserole.  I made some rolls, chocolate truffle pie, stuffing and drinks.  Cheryl did everything else and it was yummy!

We kicked the morning off with a fun game of one hand touch football.  I haven’t played in a long time but RJ organized it and invited families.  There were mostly men, a couple deacons, Hunter and me.  I remember being in Hunter’s shoes, running up and down the field waiting for someone to notice me.  Thankfully RJ was QB most of the time and I was guarding Hunter.  RJ made sure to give him some passes and I made sure to not intercept it.

We spent the rest of the day at the Rowley’s snacking, watching football, eating our Thanksgiving feast, playing bingo, doing word searches, laughing and playing games.  We are grateful for good friends, family, and the blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment