Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween

RJ decided to work from home on Wednesday (Halloween), so McKenna and I went to see Hunter in his school parade.

11.4.12 006

He wanted to be a ninja this year.  I put something together with stuff that we already had (plus some swords and nun chucks for $5).  He didn’t want to wear his black long johns to school because he once heard me tell McKenna that she couldn’t go outside in her underwear (when she tried sneaking in her pink ones).  He forgot some of his costume.

11.4.12 007

McKenna got this cat costume for Christmas last year.  I put some make-up on her and she was good to go.

11.4.12 00811.4.12 009

I put some black piping around a headband to make antennae for Reagan.  She wore part of McKenna’s old costume (Latin Dancer) and I pinned black dots to complete her lady bug look.

11.4.12 010

The kids were so excited about trick-or-treating with their neighborhood friends.  I told RJ that one of us should stay home to hand out candy this year.  He told me to take the kids and create a happy memory.  He wanted me to have a turn being the “fun one.”  Reagan and I made some good memories (that she won’t remember) since the kids took off with their friends and a couple parents.

McKenna’s candy lasted four days this year and I made her pull some out for school lunch treats and a trip we are taking next week.

Hunter actually asked me to hide his candy so that he wouldn’t over eat.  He’s not the one I am worried about!

What a fun holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment