Friday, July 13, 2012

June Date at Minnehaha Falls

We took a picnic lunch to Minnehaha falls and had a great time in this beautiful park. 

A lot of things were going on in the park one of which was an exotic animal show.  Children and their parents were gathered around this woman with her various animals.  RJ and I were naturally drawn in.  When it was time to put her hedgehog away, she said "everyone say bye bye to Sammy" (or whatever his name was) and on cue, RJ and I both shouted "bye bye Sammy."  We chuckled as we realized that we had no children with us chanting along.

A desert fox

I had been craving these fruit pies for quite some time and figured that this picnic would be a good ocassion to finally break down and buy one.  Neither Target nor Walmart had any!  I lucked out and found some at a local grocery store but all they had was apple or cherry.  It was still yummy.  RJ took about 10 pictures of me enjoying my treat bite by bite.

1 comment: