Friday, July 13, 2012

The 4th

Our ward had a big breakfast and flag raising ceremony with two other wards on the morning of the 4th.  I had forgotten that the kids were doing a bike parade until the night before.  I ran to the store and bought fun stuff to decorate.  RJ and I stayed up until 11 p.m. putting streamers, balloons, and colored plates on the kids' bikes.  We thought they would argue over whose balloon was more full.  It never crossed my mind that Hunter would be embarrassed of his bike.  I made him take this picture before we stripped his bike of all decorations (with the exception of the tires).
At the last minute, McKenna decided that she didn't want to ride her bike at all.  I decided that her bike was going be in that parade no matter what.  Thankfully I thought of Reagan before I hopped on it myself!




I was very touched as we sang the national anthem at the flag raising.  I am so happy to be an American. 

In the evening, we had a potluck BBQ with several friends.  RJ spent hours filling up 200 water balloons for the kids which were gone in less than 5 minutes.  At 8:30 p.m., RJ helped the kids set off some fireworks.  It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment