Friday, May 4, 2012

Finish What You Start

During spring break, I tried to do some fun crafts and activities with the kids.  One of them was from an Explore & Learn book RJ and I purchased last year.  We made these fruit out of newspaper, glue and paint.  Then we weaved baskets to put it in.  Originally, we tried to make a paper mache bowl to go with it, but the newspaper stuck to the mold so we weaved plan "B".  It was a long process and the kids pooped out after the first or second coat of paint.  I held onto everything with a determination to make them finish what they started.  After weeks of looking at the fruit on the counter, I told them we could pass on the extra coats of paint but to do some detailing so we could take pictures and I could clear off my counter.

 Hunter made an orange, strawberries, banana and a pear.
McKenna chose blueberries, a mango and a banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment