Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentine's Day

RJ warned me well in advance that he would be out of town (Savannah Georgia) on Valentine's Day. I tried to make it a special day for the kids. When I got up to exercise, I filled their envelopes with chocolates, Dora stuff for McKenna and a Star Wars notebook for Hunter. I continued to find love notes in the shape of hearts from RJ in the check book, on the food scale, in my wallet and scriptures etc. (so cute). I had planned to make the kids a nice waffle breakfast but found out that Hunter's lunch at school would be waffles so we did homemade sourdough English muffins, scammbled eggs, sliced strawberries, and hot chocolate. We got Hunter on his bus, went to Once Upon a Child where we got some church clothes for each of the kids, the library for story time and to Hunter's school for lunch. It was really fun to see him so grown up and in charge (the lunch was not as good as the company).


In the afternoon, the UPS man rang the door bell and left a long rectangular box by the door. McKenna helped me open the box and pull out 24 long stemmed roses, a teddy bear and box of chocolates from RJ. The note inside read: "Thinking of you despite the miles between us. Loving you every day of my life. Love you, Me."

So sweet!
Mmmmm


McKenna in her cute new dress (minus the little white cardigan).


McKenna has been wanted to eat in the food court at Target and I told her we could when RJ was out of town. Of course she remembered (I wish her memory was as good when it comes to changing her underwear and brushing her teeth). I kept my promise and took the kids to Target before watching McKenna at her dance class. When we got home, it was business as usual with scriptures and bedtime routines.


I got to talk to RJ late that night. He had a very long day so I sent him an email with some cute pictures of the kids to brighten his day. I also packed his bag with my yearly "remember when" list full of funny things that happened throughout the year and our new blurb book. I put a little something special together as well for when he got home.

I love Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment