Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

Thanks heaven's for RJ


I think it's important to carve a pumpkin every year though it is not my favorite thing. Thankfully, RJ got down with the kids and helped them gut it.

I have to admit that I have an important role in this home too. It's called "keep the children alive." RJ gave them both steak knives and I didn't think it was such a great idea. I told him so then went to get Reagan ready for bed. The next thing I hear is crying accompanied by "I cut myself!"
They finished the pumpkin and the next thing I know RJ is trying to get it to balance in McKenna's windowsill with a lighter in one hand. I peered through the doorway to see if he was really doing what I thought he was. Hmm. I don't think putting an unsteady lit pumpkin in the windowsill of our crazy 4 year old is the best idea.


Fortunately I was successful at talking them into putting the pumpkin on the porch like normal people. McKenna ran down the stairs the next morning shortly after RJ left for work and she opened the front door. I told her that daddy had already left and she said "I know, I'm making sure my pumpkin is still here." She was so worried about someone stealing her pumpkin which is ironic since she has no problem leaving her bike out!

No comments:

Post a Comment