Friday, October 7, 2011

Apple Orchard

I took McKenna and her friend Charlotte to an apple orchard for play group one Wednesday.


They had a little "petting zoo" with goats, chickens, rabbits, and llamas. McKenna wanted nothing to do with the animals. I asked if they wanted to climb the hay mountain and they declined. The corn maze was closed this year (except for the weekends) so we mozzied on over to a big bird cage looking thing. "Climb to the top and wave" I said. "I don't want to" came the reply. Perhaps they wanted to just sit and watch the grass grow? No. They found something fun to do afterall. Swing on some small, rundown, overcrowded, swing set! Because of the line for the swings, their turn lasted about 2 minutes and thought we could have gotten a lot more out of a nearby park. "Oh well" I thought "let's take some pictures on the wooden train and make it look like we had a blast!"







In an effort to make the trip memorable, I decided to buy a bag of fresh made apple fritters and an apple to share (I didn't want to pick any because we got an invitation to pick as many apples as we wanted at a member's home). Last year, Kara bought apples and they cut one for her to share with us at lunch. I figured I would do the same so I dropped a few dollars on an apple ($4/lb) and guess what? They were of no service in helping me cut my apple. I stood and watched the girls eat their donut at a picnic table surrounded by bees and I took the monster apple home and put it in the fridge next to my 50 cent apples.

1 comment: