Sunday, August 7, 2011

32 Years Old!

I knew that my birthday would be uneventful seeing that RJ was not due to fly in until the evening of and Hunter's soccer party was that night.


I had a rough night with Reagan then Hunter and McKenna were in my room by 7 a.m. I asked McKenna to go play so I could go back to sleep until Reagan got up. As I spoke, Reagan woke. Hunter told me that he would watch Reagan so I could go back to sleep. I didn't hesitate to jump at the opportunity so I carried Reagan downstairs and sat her in the midst of McKenna's kitchen set stuff. When I came back an hour later, Hunter had set the table with a special birthday breakfast for me! He poured me some Sprite, made two pieces of toast with a candle, some cinnamon cheerios, berries and cherries. There was no detail that he missed. He got the "fire stick" to light my candle and had all the fixin's out (ie honey, peanut butter, jam, butter and syrup. Beside my plate was a note that said "Happy Birthday" is his best phonetic writing.


To be honest, I was looking forward to making blueberry pancakes that morning and wasn't that interested in drinking pop or eating 45 minute old tough toast but it was one of those times where you just say "thank you" and enjoy the intent of the gesture.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Meg! I hope that you got my message. I love you very much. You are a great example to me and I am thankful that Heavenly Father sent us to the same family. I will call you later this week. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an ADORABLE story. Welcome to 32. ;-)

    ReplyDelete