Monday, February 28, 2011

Beautiful Vistas

"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he has been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just like people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, and most jobs are often more dull than otherwise. Life is just like an old time rail journey... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speeds. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Jenkin Loyd Jones
Reagan rolled over for the first time on Monday February 7th, 2011.

After complaining daily about brushing her hair, I took McKenna in for a haircut against her father's will. Actually, he was there with us but did not fully support my decision. Perhaps I should have given him hair duty for a week? At least we didn't go as short as McKenna wanted. She quite likes Hunter's haircut!



Poopy Underwear Surprise!


McKenna dismissed herself from the table when I mentioned how dry her lips and mouth were and that vasaline might help. The family enjoyed some peace and quiet but I wondered if it would be at a price. When McKenna came back, she had a "mass" in her underwear. RJ asked if she had an accident. She said yes and he took her upstairs to clean her up. He came back down trying not to laugh too loud and put her on the table (so much for not encouraging her). He couldn't resist taking some pictures of her backside while he urged her to explain what she had been up to. I was relieved that my 3 1/2 year old didn't poop in her underwear but didn't like the thought of her stuffing toys down there either. It turns out that I was wrong. She aged herself about 10 years, got into my pads and stuck it in poor Arora underwear. She confessed that she had gotten into mommy's pull-ups!


She's pretty confident that she rules the roost.

McKenna and Reagan unintentionally matched on Sunday so we snapped some shots.














Leaping Lizzards!

Hunter found himself bored as I was feeding Reagan and unavailable. He discovered his ability to leap small jungle gyms in a single bound.

It was quite impressive. He jumped off two feet and cleared it by several inches.
McKenna wanted in on the action.
"Watch me!"
"WOW!" My three year old can crawl!

3 comments:

  1. Meg, I love McKenna's hair. She looks adorable. I also always enjoy reading your writings. You are such a good writer. Reagan is a cutie too. I hope that you got my text message today. Call me!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love her short hair. and hunter is so freakin' awesome. what an athlete...i know someone who is quite an athlete like him.

    ReplyDelete