Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Crazy for Chocolate

camera pics April 2014 038

In January as I contemplated New Year’s Resolutions, one of them was of course health.  Because I like to measure my success and weight loss is a lost cause, I decided to sign up for at least two races.  I am not a “runner” in that I find enjoyment in the activity but I do like the health benefits, availability and relative low cost.  Stephanie Flint mentioned a chocolate run so I looked it up and saw either a 5k or 15k.  I didn’t feel like a 5k would be much of a challenge so I got 4 friends to sign up for the 15k.  I think these black hoodies made for some cute swag. 

Esther, Anita, Stephanie and I all ran the race together.  Lisa was faster and did her own pace (promising jazz hands and high kicks for us at the finish line).  It was very windy and chili before and after the race but the temperature felt perfect as we ran.  My right knee started to hurt at mile 2 and I knew I was in trouble.  It would not be feeling better any time soon.  Esther, Stephanie and I pushing through our aching joints (while Anita, the oldest held up just fine).  We finished in 1 hour and 44 minutes which turned out to be an 11 min. mile.  I placed 785th out of 1,051 women!  Nothing to brag about for sure.

We enjoyed some hot chocolate and fondue with dipping items as we hobbled around post race.

No comments:

Post a Comment