Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine’s Day

I love all holidays.  They add spice (and of course sugar) to my life.  I gave RJ the traditional gift of a “Remember When” letter (a compilation of the year’s funny moments) and the year’s blurb book.  He made a scavenger hunt of love notes for me that were very meaningful because of their sincerity.

McKenna was in charge of Family Home Evening on Monday before Valentines Day.  We decorated boxes.  RJ and I always get the kids a book for Valentines Day.  I also picked up a little box of chocolates for each of them.  We got McKenna “Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots” which included several activities in the back.

Hunter got the latest Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Hard Luck).

Reagan got a princess sticker/activity book.

DSC_0308DSC_0309DSC_0311

We have adopted a new tradition of “Old Flick Friday.”  I made bacon wrapped fillet mignon, cheesy potatoes and roasted carrots.  We enjoyed a large bowl of loaded brownies and ice cream.  We laughed as we watched the old version of “The Parent Trap.”  What’s not to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment