Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Chore Charts

I have made several chore charts over the course of Hunter’s life.  They all seem to end in arguing, begging, threatening and nagging.  I couldn’t handle one more battle so I surrendered on chores.  I decided I would simply ask for help when I needed it and they would be happy to help since they don’t do anything otherwise.  FYI- I was wrong!  They were more reluctant to help than ever.  I decided to brave another chore chart and let them use their creative juices to help create it.  Hunter gave thanks in his evening prayers for making a chore chart.  Hurray!

They each have 7 things to do in a week.  When they complete a chore, they can turn their frowny face over to a smiley face.  Saturday afternoon when all seven smiles are showing, they are free to play with friends, go to birthday parties and enjoy some electronics.  We are two days  in.  So far so good.

DSCN6814DSCN6815

No comments:

Post a Comment