Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Halloween Party

I decided to do a Hollywood themed Halloween party this year.  I invited about 31 people but two other people were having parties that night and 20 of the people I invited went elsewhere.  I felt like our party got hijacked but was determined to have fun regardless.  We laid out a red carpet, hung silver and gold stars (cut out by hand), had a back drop for pictures, cheesecake disguised as tuxedos, sparkling apple juice with wine glasses, Oscar awards, ballot boxes, and three games (trivia, celebrity impersonations, and guess that star).  Despite all my efforts, it kind of felt like a tired party.  I hope people had fun and will come back next year.

DSCN6697

Eric and Nicki Gardner came as Thing 5 and Thing 6

DSCN6699

Mike and Karina Tew were Kiefer Sutherland (in 24) won best actor and Shirley Temple won best dressed.

DSCN6700

Ryan and Janessa were Kermit and Audrey Hepburn (37 weeks pregnant).  Janessa won best actress.

DSCN6701

Melissa and Forest were Wayne and Garth.  They won the best look a likes.

DSCN6702

Justin and Sara won best snack.

DSCN6703

Jessica didn’t win a prize but she came as grumpy cat and rocked the trivia game.

DSCN6704

RJ and I were wedding day Ken and Barbie.  RJ won best dressed.  He looked great! He’s always such a great sport always supporting me in everything I do.

DSCN6735

Here is one of the 6 awards.  They were big boxes of candy.

DSCN6736

My stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment