Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mother’s Day

Mother’s Day was two days after we got back from Mexico. RJ had to give a talk and the kids had kept their mother’s day presents a secret for a long time (not too hard I guess when I wasn’t here).  RJ made me a delicious breakfast and delivered it to our bedroom.  Nothing says you’re a mom more than having your children jumping on the bed picking at your food.

DSCN6190

McKenna made a cute bag full of handmade things while she was at Lisa’s for preschool.  I quite enjoyed the peanut butter cups which I did sneak when I was alone.

DSCN6191DSCN6193DSCN6195DSCN6198DSCN6200

Hunter was equally crafty.  He wrote and illustrated a whole book for me!  It goes like this:

“Special Mom”

I love my mom!  I love to play fun gams and mak hre lafe.  I like wen my mom maks dinr yuuum.  I like to see my mom smile.  I like to see her sleeping.  I like to see you in the mire (mirror).  I love to see her in her dres for church.  I like wen my mom hugs me and makes me fele speshl.  I like evrething abowt my mom.

I printed the spelling errors to remind me of his innocence and growth.

DSCN6202

Time to wrestle!

DSCN6205DSCN6206DSCN6207DSCN6210

As is usually the case, the fun couldn’t last forever.  Hunter and McKenna started fighting bitterly and Hunter decided he needed his own room.  McKenna was glad to haul his stuff out and bring Reagan’s cute baby stuff in.  Before we had to leave for church, we had completed the swap. 

RJ gave a great talk about the women in his life and what he has learned from them and how the men need to support these good women. 

We had loaded brownies (nuts, chocolate chips and caramel) with mint chocolate chip ice cream.  Delicious!

I think the difficulty of being a mom is the best kept secret in the world.  I won’t let the word out though because it is equally difficult to capture the love and joy these little creatures can bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment