Friday, May 24, 2013

10 Years!

Hunter had the day off on our anniversary so I took the kids to McDonald’s for lunch then to the police station’s open house.

DSCN6085DSCN6086DSCN6090DSCN6091

The kids got to see and sit in different police vehicles, see what drugs look like, meet the people on the other end of a 911 phone call and watch a police dog in action.  The police dog was the most fascinating to me.  They import these dogs from Europe because of their pure blood line which costs $3,000-4,000.  We watched the dog find marajuana hidden in the inside of a car door on display.  It took him 3 sec.  When he found it, he stopped and looked at his trainer.  The officer rewarded him by letting him play with a rubber ball.  At the end of the demonstration, a woman asked if there was a preference in the gender of the dog.  The officer said that they only take males because if the dogs are chasing someone, a female will stop after a certain distance because of her concern for the owner.  Apparently the tendency to nurture and care for someone else is not reserved for humans.

DSCN6092

RJ and I went out to Biaggi’s for dinner.  It was wonderful.  After we fully digested the amount of bread we ate, I had RJ run to the store for a treat.  When I was 13, my friend Keezer bought me Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey.  I remember it tasting amazing and I have thought about it off and on over the last 20 years.  I kept talking myself out of buying it because it was too expensive or had too many calories but I finally broke down and RJ decided to capture the moment.

DSCN6094DSCN6095

So good!

1 comment: