Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tooth Fairy Time!

McKenna’s dentist told me that she had some loose teeth 3-4 months ago.  I didn’t notice any loose teeth until this week when one of them was wobbling back and forth inside McKenna’s mouth.  She was very excited for it to come out and asked us to pull it.  RJ tried the first night but after about 8 attempts decided to have her wait one more day.  I told her I would try the next day since my fingers were smaller.  The thought of pulling the stringy ligaments apart made my stomach churn but I gathered my courage which McKenna was not lacking in the least.  I gave it a few tugs but it kept slipping.  I finally decided to grab the base of the tooth on either side and show no mercy (by the way, I have since learned that you are suppose to twist not pull).  Ta da!  Look at my growing girl!  She was so happy, she ran and sang through the house until we reminded her that it was bedtime and the party was over.  We staged a fun picture below with some salad tongs.  The tooth fairy left two quarters.  We hope her and her friends don’t compare fairies!

DSCN5958DSCN5960

No comments:

Post a Comment