Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mom's Therapy



Our Stake has women's volleyball from Sep.-Dec. so when a sign-up sheet went around, I figured why not? I played once a year for mutual activities and at one point in PE so I knew the basic idea was to keep the ball off the ground and slam it onto the opponents court. I was surprised when I showed up to practice and was told that we had a set setter and were going for the bump, set, spike trio. I really enjoyed playing though and kept going when the season was over to play with other women on Wed. nights. Some girls in other wards put a rec. team together (named Mom's Therapy) and invited me to play. I was very flattered and really wanted to make sure that they didn't regret asking me. I learned a ton (including different formations) and got to play outside hitter. We didn't do great in our league but I would love to keep playing. It would have helped to have 6 healthy players but throughout the season people were getting injured right and left. Our middle blocker was pregnant (Erin), our other blocker (Tera) injured her knee so we got a sub (Shannon)who just recovered from knee surgery, other outside hitter (Wendy) also sustained a knee injury skiing, Mirjam had a stretched the tendon to her thumb, and our setter (Jackie) pinched a nerve in her shoulder. As for me- I had some pride injuries (simple misses) and bruises.

No comments:

Post a Comment